Travelling or returning to North America
Travel to the United States
- If you are not a US citizen, US national, permanent resident or travelling to the United States on an immigrant visa, you are required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please visit the CDC website for more information about vaccination requirements.
- All travelers need to provide confirmation of a negative pre-departure COVID-19 test result, regardless of vaccination status, taken no more than 1 day before travel to the United States.
Please note, if you've booked flights on separate tickets and are transiting another country before your ticketed journey with us begins, you may be required to provide new test results to meet this time requirement.
What you need to do before travel to the United States
Check-in and at the airport
You'll notice some extra precautions at the airport. We ask that you co-operate with all staff and airport requests, as well as local guidelines (including contact tracing and face masks).
To assist our team at check-in, please bring evidence of any pre-existing conditions, proof of vaccination and your negative test result.
You will need to provide your contact details at check-in. This includes the address while you're in the USA, a primary and secondary phone number and your email address.
We also recommend checking your travel insurance policy with regards to being denied boarding due to COVID-19.
Please arrive at the airport 4 hours prior to departure to complete check-in as there are a number of additional processing requirements.
Upon arrival at Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)
US Federal Law requires you to wear a face covering throughout the airport at all times and on board your flights.
You can choose to wear your own face covering or we can provide one for you. If you are not wearing your face mask, you will be asked to put one on. We recommend carrying enough masks for your entire journey. Children under the age of 2 are exempt. More information can be found here.
During the screening process, TSA officers may ask you to adjust or remove your face mask. You may also be requested to wash your hands directly before or after completing security screening processes.
Further information on face masks can also be found on the LAX Airport website.
Upon arrival in Los Angeles
If you're not fully vaccinated, you will be required to stay home and self-quarantine for a full 7 days after travel, even if you test negative at 3-5 days. If you don't get tested, you must stay home and self-quarantine for 10 days after travel.
Please ensure you are follow all state and local recommendations and requirements after travel.
Travel to Canada
- If you intend to travel into Canada, you must meet COVID-19 entry requirements set by the Canadian Government.
- You will also need to ensure you meet standard immigration requirements.
- All travellers must submit travel and contact information, including a suitable quarantine plan, electronically via ArriveCAN before boarding a flight. Failure to provide a suitable plan will result in denied entry.
- Pre-departure testing and managed quarantine is required, as well as testing during the isolation period. Failure to comply could lead to fines, imprisonment, or both. There are some exceptions for eligible fully vaccinated travellers.
Further information is available on the Canadian Government's travel website.
General travel advice
If you feel unwell
If you feel unwell on arrival, please stay where you are and call your local Doctor for guidance.
Defer your travel
If for any reason you no longer wish to travel, can hold your fares in credit via the Manage Booking section on our website here. If you've booked your travel with a travel agent or third party, please speak to them directly regarding your change of plans.
Be prepared for COVID-19 to disrupt your travel
By undertaking travel at this time, please note you are accepting that it will be your responsibility to manage any COVID-19 related travel disruption and associated costs. The terms and conditions of your tickets will remain applicable, and we would strongly encourage checking the terms of your travel insurance policy.
For further travel information regarding international travel during COVID-19, please visit our dedicated info hub.