Air New Zealand Engineering & Maintenance has wide experience in both the civil and military marketplace and a worldwide customer base. Manufacturing is carried out to existing designs under licence, or to Air New Zealand Engineering & Maintenance CAD designs for specific customer requests. This 'Design and Manufacture' capability offers customers a one-stop shop.
Since 1993 Air New Zealand Engineering & Maintenance has produced Lockheed Martin C-130H/J Nose and Main Landing Gear Ski Assemblies and has in place a Manufacturing Licence Agreement with Lockheed Martin Aeronautical Systems (LMAS) for this activity.
A wide range of aircraft quality items are produced including:
- C-130 H/J Hercules Skis
- Aircraft galleys, cabin bulkheads and screens
- Aircraft interior equipment including IFE equipment stowage units
Air New Zealand Engineering & Maintenance capability includes the following:
- Metal and composite structures
- Vacuum formed plastic parts
- Tube assembly manufacture (to LMAS or Boeing specifications)
- Steel components (to 300Ksi)
- Electrical wiring harness manufacture
- Cable manufacture
A comprehensive range of processes are available on-site to support manufacturing operations. These include:
- Autoclave and heat vacuum bonding
- Machining, welding, anodising
- Plasma and Electro spraying
- Heat treatment
- Metal bonding
- Specialist bending and forming operations
- Non-Destructive testing/inspection
Air New Zealand Engineering & Maintenance has established relationships with specialist process vendors, universities and consulting companies in New Zealand, Australia and the United States to enhance capability in key areas including: forging and heat treatment of high strength steel, advanced machining, technical assistance and design.
Air New Zealand Engineering & Maintenance has excellent manufacturing facilities located in Christchurch and Auckland.
Manufacturing has a strong customer focus and prides itself on high standards of customer service and quality.
For further information please contact us.